Monday, April 27, 2009

In keeping with my content area, I decided to check out a couple foreign language blogs. One that I found particularly interesting discussed a variety of foreign language topics, which I appreciated. It wasn't narrowed down to one issue, but instead explored several different ideas and questions that someone learning a foreign language might have. The link is: http://learnaforeignlanguage.blogspot.com/ One post that I thought was neat involved seeking out native speakers to increase one's fluency. This is something that I've looked into and have heard from others that it's a great way to brush up on your skills and become a more confident speaker. There are several ways to go about doing this such as identifying regions or cities that have a large population of people that speak that language. Organizations that have been designed to help people acquire a foreign language are also a good source, as well as simply putting an ad in the local newspaper. Regardless of the route you decide to take, it's a great way to improve your skills and learn more about the that particular language or culture. Another topic that was discussed involved the different ways in which learning a foreign language is beneficial. Many people are aware of the fact that society is becoming increasingly global, and the acquisition of a foreign language is very valuable. In order to remain competitive with the rest of the world, it's imperative that we focus on incorporating this into the curriculum of schools. Additionally, learning a foreign language is a great way to exercise the brain. Many older adults are looking to foreign language learning as a way to keep their mind active. Soooo...basically, I found that this blog had a lot of interesting comments and feel that it would be helpful for someone who was thinking about/in the process of learning another language!

No comments: