Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Ed Blog
I decided to check out one of the EduBlogs on the Ctools site and that one that I chose made me laugh. This is the site: http://talkingsmac.blogspot.com/, titled "Confessions of a Middle School Teacher and I found the posting from a Wednesday in February fairly amusing because I was actually feeling the same way today! For whatever reason, Wednesday is the day that helps me make it through the week. Wednesdays always go smoothly, I am able to get work done and my students typically enjoy the activities that we do on these days. It may have something to do with the fact that we almost always go to the language lab, so maybe the change of scenery is what I enjoy, but regardless, I like Wednesdays. Although graduation is this weekend, it doesn't really feel like graduation because we're not done for over another month. As I was thinking about this Sunday night, it kinda bummed me out and Monday and Tuesday were a little rough. The kids were crazy, the weather was gross yesterday, and I was just not feeling it. However, today was great. I got a ton of work done, the kids were wonderful, and I left school feeling much better and satisfied with the day. When I read this blog, I realized that I also really look forward to Wednesdays...not as much as Fridays of course, but they're a close second. I think that this time of year is difficult for teachers and it's easy to get run-down. The students just want it to be summer, you just want it to be summer, and yet you still have over a month to go. It's hard to find the motivation to keep going, but I've found that if I can make it to Wednesday, I'm usually good to go. It definitely has something to do with the fact that the weekend is approaching, but for whatever reason, Wednesdays just go smoothly and it's great. I wouldn't necessarily say that Wednesday is the new Friday, but it's definitely pretty good:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment