Well it's about the middle of the semester at this point and it's hard to believe that in two months or so we'll be off on Christmas break! I feel like there are still so many assignments and projects to be completed, and it's strange to think once the first of the year rolls around, we'll already be half-way done with the MAC program. Wow! Anyways, I'd also like to note that I cannot think of a better time for Fall Break. I never thought I'd be so excited to have a couple days off of school to do homework! It really will be so helpful though to have a few extra days to get ahead and work on some of the upcoming projects. Hopefully we can all also get a little bit of rest and enjoy this time of year.
By now I think that many of us have observed other classrooms and teachers, and personally it has been a really neat experience for me. I have observed two classes so far, Communications and an upper level English class, and have enjoyed being able to watch the students and the teacher interact with each other. It's also really useful to see a variety of techniques for classroom management, presenting lessons, dealing with disruptive students etc. I'm also looking forward to observing a former MACer at Pioneer who was actually my mentor's student teacher about 7 seven years ago, which is pretty cool. She is teaching French and I'm excited to see what kind of methods she uses in her classroom. I think that it's a really good idea to explore these resources right now because we have the time and the encouragement to do this, which isn't always the case. Before long we'll be student teaching full-time and any additional ideas or advice that I can take in right now will certainly be useful come Winter! At the moment, though, I'm just enjoying my placement, getting to know my students better, and trying to focus on building my confidence in the classroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Kelly, I am glad you have had such good observation experiences. I know that my mentor teacher would love to have you and show you what she has learned from your teacher!!
I have found the different observations so useful because every teacher is so unique and has different techniques.
We should definitely get together and share lesson ideas as well. I know that we will be focusing on la gastronomie for our first big unit review. Let me know if you have any ideas, and I look forward to sharing :) Have a good weekend ~
Hey Kelly, when you are observing in other classrooms, do you make comparisons between that class and your classes that you teach? I find myself having a HUGE bias toward my own kids =o) I wonder if thats normal...
Hey Kelly!
Hopefully your fall break was as restful and productive as you hoped :) As much as I would have liked to get ahead (or at least catch up!) in the classes, I found myself really needing the break for some time OFF from thinking about school. Getting away and going to Boston was great for me because it made me remember that I can be normal- not just neurotic and teacher-y!
Post a Comment